Address: Barnardos, St Oliver Plunketts School, St Helena's Drive, Finglas Dublin 11.
Contact Name: Mary Corrigan
Phone: 01-8644040, 086-1718646
Web site: None
Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 9am -5pm
Who can use the service? Eligibility criteria for TESO:
1. Geographic area: Finglas Dublin 11
2. Target Groups: children 2 years and 10 months to school going age
€2 daily session contribution
Informal referrals accepted: Yes
Formal referrals accepted: Yes
Referrals accepted from: Professionals and parents
How to make a referral: Contact us by phone 01-8644040, 086-1718646 or email email@example.com
Barnardos Finglas Early Intervention Service is in its sixteenth year of operation. The service is located St. Oliver Plunkett’s Junior National School.
The main activities of the project are pre-school care and education, offered to (Traveller and Settled) children through Barnardos Tús Maith programme, family support to pre-schooler’s parents, and collaborative and networking activities with statutory agencies and voluntary organisations. The work of the project is supported by an interagency advisory group.
Key Aims & Objectives of Service
The strategic priorities for Barnardos Finglas Early Intervention service:
• To increase the social and emotional development of children living in the Finglas area.
• To increase the education, learning and development of children in Finglas so as to enhance achievement, retention and progression in education.
• To support the development of parents, with a particular focus on the development and growth of the parents of those children who are participating in the early intervention Tús Maith programme.
• To promote an intercultural approach that enables all (children, parents, staff, other agencies) to develop the ability to recognise inequality, injustice, racism, prejudice and bias and the skills to change these manifestations when they encounter them.
• To measure progress in each of the strategic objectives to allow for improved effectiveness and achievement over time.
Barnardos aim to achieve these objectives by delivering
1. Needs led and outcome focused early intervention preschool programme called Tús Maith.
2. Parent Support Work- Barnardos 'Partnership With Parents' home based programme
3. Interagency Work- Collaborative and Networking Activities- lead agency with Better Finglas ABC